Flash 11.2 came out and it has two very awesome features: right click events and mouse locking. So, I had to test it out. However, (as of this post) FlashDevelop (my preferred environment) doesn’t officially support 11.2.
I have looked around the web to find a tutorial of some sorts to configure flashdevelop for 11.2 but all I could find were separate small for other versions, so I decided to find the way myself. I’ll be writing this tutorial to help others who are in my situation.
- Get the files.
You can find the installation links here.
- Download the “playerglobal.swc to target the 11.2 APIs”:
- into “\FlashDevelop\Tools\flexsdk\frameworks\libs\player\11.2\” (create the 11.2 folder as it won’t exist)
- save as “playerglobal.swc”.
- Download the “Flash Player 11.2 Projector content debugger”:
- into “\FlashDevelop\Tools\flexlibs\runtimes\player\11.2\win\” (create the 11.2\win folders inside “player”)
- save as “FlashPlayerDebugger.exe”.
- Configure FlashDevelop
- Go to Tools -> Program Settings
- Click on the “FlashViewer” plugin settings page
- Set the “External Player Path” to point to your recently downloaded “11.2\win\FlashPlayerDebugger.exe” file.
- Go to project properties by right clicking the project’s name.
- Set the platform version to 11.2.
- Add the following line to “Additional Compiler Options”: